Awesome Meenr Murals at BB’s Tex-Orleans
Have you ever driven by BB’s Tex-Orleans in the Houston Heights or in San Antonio’s Alamo Ranch and seen the amazing murals on the fences or the building? Ever wondered who the artist is that does such great work? Well, look no further than Jose Arredondo AKA Meenr! He has done murals all over Houston that we see every day, and now has done work in San Antonio, Texas as well! We are in LOVE with his work and are so happy to have the pleasure of knowing him and having his work on our businesses! We wanted to get to know him a bit more, so we asked him a few questions.
- What made you decide to pursue art as your career?
I wanted to make the world a better place by adding some color to it.
2. What is your preferred style and medium?
I use spray paint and brush depending on the project but if it came down to it, I would prefer spray paint.
3. What are your top 5 projects that you’ve done in Houston? Who were they and why?
(1) I have a mural inside of George R. Brown. I feel like that was an amazing accomplishment to be inside the convention center.
(2) I did a mural for KHOU that aired on the Super Bowl in 2019 and they also use it for a commercial that plays every day on TV. Also got to meet the staff and my favorite “Dale Lockett”. He was great help throughout the process of making this project happen.
(3) I did some paintings for the “Debra Duncan show” and you get to see them every day on TV.
(4) I did a mural for RedBull in downtown. That was an amazing experience.
(5) And of course, the iconic BB’s Tex-Orleans! Going to the Heights location throughout the years with friends, I use to look at the white fence they have outside and always wanted to paint it. Somehow it found its way to me. I’m really grateful for this one because I got to meet the owners and they are amazing human beings.
4. What advice would you give to an artistic entrepreneur who is just getting started?
My advice to any creative, never underestimate the value of a creative outlet. We have endless possibilities