We are NOW OPEN for dine-in and are still offering Curbside/Togo! BB’s Tex-Orleans supports our city’s action plan to protect the community from spreading COVID-19. We’ve set out extra measures and policies regarding extra sanitation and procedures to protect both our team and our customers. We appreciate your continued support.
At BB’s, the health and safety of our customers and team is our top priority and we are taking important preventative measures to maintain a clean and safe environment in order to continue serving you and all our guests. We are working closely with local health organizations and closely following CDC guidance to plan for and monitor this developing situation.
You can find additional information, updates and ways to protect yourself from COVID-19 by visiting the CDC (Center of Disease Control) web site, here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus
We continue to follow official guidance from local, state, federal government, and health authorities to ensure our policies and procedures reflect the latest information from those authorities. As additional information is available, we will keep you updated through email, our social media accounts, and our website.
We want to thank you for your continued support through these difficult times and most of all thank you for your trust in BB’s Tex-Orleans. We encourage you to keep one another safe and will look forward to seeing you all back in the restaurants soon.
What measures have your restaurant(s) put in place in response to the virus?
The health and safety of our customers and our team is our top priority and we are taking important preventative measures to maintain a clean and safe environment in order to continue serving you and all our guests through our TO-GO and DELUXE CURBSIDE services. Every precaution is being considered including, but not limited to, the below actions we are taking companywide in response to COVID-19:
– Adding extra requirements and increased frequency for deep cleaning
– All doors will be propped open to reduce touching of handles
– Increased sanitization of all high-frequency touchpoints including menus, check presenters, door handles, countertops, restrooms, and dispensers.
– Sanitation stations at all BB’s locations upon walk-in
– All team members will wear gloves when handling food and/or handing over orders or touching bags
– Employees are advised, trained and required to not touch their hands, hair, and/or face.
– Encouraging guests and staff to stay at home if they feel sick or show any symptoms of illness.
– Reviewing and modifying all sanitation solutions as necessary
– Replacing all our straws with paper-covered straws
– Rolling out DELUXE CURBSIDE pick up at many locations.
The risk to our customers and staff remains low and we are continuing to welcome our loyal customers at most BB’s Tex-Orleans locations for TO-GO and DELUXE CURBSIDE services.
How are you making sure your team and guests who are infected don’t come to the restaurant and infect others?
We encourage all guests and staff to follow guidance from the CDC, including the recommended prevention measures to stay healthy. Any team member or guest who is feeling ill should remain at home until symptoms have subsided and they have been cleared by a doctor to return to normal daily activities. The health and safety of our guests and our team is our top priority and we have reinforced our cleanliness measures to maintain a safe and hygienic environment for everyone.
Will your restaurant(s) be closing or reducing hours in response to the spread of Coronavirus?
The health and safety of our customers and our team is our top priority. We are currently working closely with the relevant health departments in compliance with their required protocol to determine any suitable next steps. While our Harris County locations are not open for dine-in services, we are open for TO-GO and DELUXE CURBSIDE pickup services.
How are you keeping your team safe?
The safety of our guests and our team is our top priority. As always, we are following the guidance of the relevant health departments, advising our staff to locate their local health department contact information, and encouraging all team members to check the CDC website for accurate information regarding how Coronavirus spreads and prevention measures.
– At BB’s we strongly believe that the health and well-being of our team members, as well as our guests, remains top-of-mind and our highest priority
– We are continually checking in and communicating with each of our team members and have reinforced our illness policies to ensure any team member who feels ill remain at home until medically cleared to return to work.
– We are reminding and re-enforcing proper sanitation practices to keep our team and our guests healthy
Where is the best place to look for updates regarding Coronavirus? How can I protect myself against the virus?
Please visit the CDC website for the latest, most accurate information regarding the virus and prevention measures. It is important to take good care of yourself and others. According to the CDC, here are a few ways you can protect yourself:
– Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
– Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
– Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash; or cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve, not your hands.
– Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.